Historically, the fourth quarter is the slower quarter of the year and benefits the buyers.
Consider buying your next Grande Prairie home during the holidays for these eleven reasons.
- People who look for a home during the holidays are more serious buyers.
- Less people buy in the winter, which means less buyers and bigger savings for you on the home you find due to low demand!
- The listing supply increases dramatically after the holidays. You will likely pay more for a home once the holidays are over.
- Decorated houses helps you see the homes potential.
- Sellers are more emotional this time of year. If they really want to sell the home quickly you may get a great deal.
- You will have more time to look at houses over the holidays compared to the traditional work week.
- You may have to buy before the end of the year for tax purposes.
- If you are transferring jobs or locations this may start in January, and you may want to be in a home before your start date.
- You can book your showings during the day with seasonal holidays and you may have time off work, so you can also have time with your family in the evenings.
- If you buy now, you can select a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year. When supply goes up.
- You can enter the spring market as a home owner and not worry about being outbid on a home you love when lots of buyers are out shopping. It’s a win-win!
If you have any questions, give me a call 780-357-3993 or visit my website www.grandeprairiemortgages.com. I would be happy to help you! You can also apply online.